Monday, September 4, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,266 – (Monday) – fluff day

The summer’s last hurrah. And now it’s essentially over and I neglected to treat myself to a vacation. The weather was beautiful, but I stayed indoors. Little labor was done, in honor of the holiday. It was a lot of fluff. This was the result of failing to plan, and not an actual plan.

After the morning coffee/news/Wordle/Facebook ritual I headed to the gym. At 9:40, the parking lot immediately outside the entrance and the two sections at the side of the building were packed. I ended up in the parking lot section near Family Dollar, but the reality is, if I wasn’t so lazy, I could have left the car at home and walked the short distance (maybe a half mile?). I think this every time I drive there.

Despite the volume of parked cars, the gym itself didn’t feel that crowded. All five of the not exactly “totally upgraded" recumbent bikes were available. Despite the full availability, I still managed to get on the crappy bike that doesn’t log heart rate and has the funky calibration, but I was already into the pedaling when I realized the error. I hate you bike number 75, and also that I keep forgetting to not get on you.  

Official R&R Day.

After 35 minutes on the bike, there was a visit to the 30-minute circuit area. The point of the area is a complete workout in 30 minutes, alternating machines with various cardio exercises on steps in the center of the configuration. You are supposed to do the activities while the light is green and when it turns red, wipe the machine and move to the next activity. Not once have I seen anyone do the cardio  step activities in the center, including me, but I go there after 30 minutes on the bike.

The chest machine, the first machine in the circuit, was open, and I grabbed it. Several other machines had people using them for many sets and without regard for the time system. Other machines had people just staring into space or on their phones. The overall appearance of the area was that of a modern-day living room with people lounging around on their phones and not doing much else. I did quads, then bailed because I wasn’t going to sit around waiting for everyone else to move. I hit the massage chair machine and left, telling myself I would do pushups at home. Big surprise, this did not happen.

Done except for one missing piece.
At home, there was showering and reading of the book club selection How to be Remembered, then an attempt at a grocery list. I looked in the cabinet, and wrote “Korean hot pepper paste.”  When I saw the peanut butter and Fluff and the time (1:00), there was a sudden desire for a Fluffernutter for lunch and bread was pulled from the freezer. The sandwich was made on the frozen bread and set on the counter to thaw. 

A 500 piece puzzle from my friend was started for the wait for until lunch was in a less frozen state. Three hours and 45 minutes later, lunch was long gone and the puzzle was completed, except for one missing piece. 

Reasonably healthy supper and more.
Netflix was explored and stupid movies were watched. It was decided that grocery shopping could slide for another week. A sauté of zucchini, tomatoes, and onion was tossed with tortellini and diced Provolone for a reasonably tasty, healthy supper and there is enough for lunch on Tuesday. Then it was back to Netflix and Snitch, a Dwayne Johnson movie from many years ago. 

For rest and relaxation, the day gets top marks. And R&R is an accomplishment, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment