Friday, September 1, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,263 – (Friday) – vacation day

Another vacation day was on the datebook.  The alarm went off at the usual 6:15, but because I didn’t have to get up for work, it was dismissed. It was 8:15 when I next woke up.

There was coffee and Wordle and the usual weekend day time wasters and suddenly it was 10:00 and I was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt instead of the gym pants and tee shirt I earlier planned to don to go to the gym. Three sweaters were run though a Dryel load, in preparation for fall and in case I needed one tonight for Boarding House Park after being chilly there on Thursday night.

You had your chance floor vent people.
Instead of heading to the gym, I headed online to Amazon to arrange the return of several recent orders. The floor grate company had two days to respond to the email about the defective item and they failed. I honored the stupid request to not return to Amazon printed on the product label, they failed to respond, and I don’t have forever for this stuff, so it became an Amazon return. A return code was procured.

The three blouses that were ordered to try with the printed sequin covered pants were tried on again. They still look voluminous, like two of me could fit in them and not in a sexy drapey way like on the model in the photos, so they were logged for return and a return code received. 

Kohl’s was chosen as the return site, and I drove there, armed with a 20% coupon and more Kohl’s Cash that landed in my email today. Bonus, the Amazon return came with a Kohl’s 20% off coupon good for a week in-store.

Three suitable blouses were found in Kohl's, but after walking through the store with them for a while, they were returned to the rack. Two Cuddl Duds base layer vee neck tops were chosen, but after seeing the dozen people standing in the checkout line, those were also returned to the rack and I left empty-handed.

Downtown.
Upon leaving Kohl’s there was half a thought to drive to the beach, but I suddenly needed to pee and the car auto-piloted home. The remainder of the afternoon was occupied with little action and deep thoughts. There was an internal debate rolling around in my cranium about going or not going to the Summer Music Series concert by moe., a band I never heard of. 

Wayward branches were lopped from the lilac and whatever is growing under the back fence from the neighbor’s yard. Climbing vines growing from the side neighbor’s yard were trimmed from the picket fence. As the hours ticked by, the music debate and time calculations continued … At 3:00, and 4:30, there was still time to go grab a spot on the lawn and return near the start of the show. The nice neighbor next door texted me about a coyote seen in the neighborhood so I could "be careful with the pup" and I had to tell her he's gone, three weeks today.

At 5:30 the venue gates would open, meaning the potential of standing in line, plus a bag check, finding a spot, and then wondering what to do for two hours until the show began. At 5:45 and several hours into the ongoing debate, the yards were mowed in a personal best time of 30 minutes and there was still time to go. At 7:15, the thinking was I could head downtown, skip the chair, and visit the park as a mobile unit and lean on a tree or something. Ditto for 8:00.

The trip downtowm did not happen. But Netflix happened – a third run of Emily in Paris, which I started watching again earlier this week out of frustration at not finding anything else to watch. And a box of Triscuits and a can of beer, and that was that. Another vacation day, one with gorgeous weather, come and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment