Wednesday, June 14, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,184 – (Wednesday) – air walk

While at the MRT Gala on Friday, a colleague from finance and I had a conversation about books, summer reading, and how we haven’t exercised or even walked in ages. The walking has been another casualty of the pandemic.

This morning, on my way to my office on the fourth floor, I stopped on the third floor to drop off two books I told her about from book club. We decided to take a walk at lunchtime.

I arrived on the fourth floor, clad in an elbow length sleeve tee shirt, silk sweater, and cotton jacket, strategically selected with last week’s extra chilly air flow in mind. The elevator door opened and I entered a cocoon of warm air. Ugh.

The new sculpture.
Taking the walk felt nice. It was good to be moving, great to have company, and it was cooler with a light breeze outside. We saw the new bamboo sculpture of an owl that was recently installed on the riverwalk footbridge over the Concord River. 

A recent story about the sculpture said it is titled "The Night Watchwoman" and noted it “is  an ode to the mill girls of Lowell and the women who watched over them. The owl figure blends the watchwomen’s caretaker duties with the important role that barn owls played in the ecology of the old mills.” Cool.

An A/C repair person had been onsite Tuesday, and was due back today. The temperature hit 85 degrees in the office by early afternoon which was hot, even for me. That rarely happens. Being too warm, I mean. A couple people went downstairs to open desks on the third floor.

Sometime after 3:00, cool air could be felt and the temperature began to drop. It dropped ten degrees in an hour and was much more comfortable. When it hit 75, I had to put my sweater back on. It’s all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment