Saturday, June 24, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,194 – (Saturday) – event night

Lupine!
The weather today might best be described as variable. Moody. Petulant. There was light rain, sunshine, cool air, and humidity. At 4:00, as I was dressing for an outdoor event that began at 5:00, there was a very assertive, heavy rain. Right around 5:00, the skies cleared and the sun returned, just in time for the event.

The event was The Lowell Parks and Conservation Trust Summer Solstice Soiree. It was a casual and pleasant event held in the beautiful back yard of a private residence. Gardens were beautifully laid out with textural interest like mulch and stones.

The home is less than a mile from my house in one of the many neighborhoods I have never bothered to explore in my years in Lowell. I used to be curious about the cities where I lived and would spend lots of time driving around exploring. Except Lowell, for reasons I don’t understand, but my best guess is laziness. 

Tents protected the dining tables, bar, and musician.  There was a cheese and veggie board and cold salads, with passed hors d’oeuvres including shrimp with a creamy avocado dipping sauce, meatballs, chicken on pita, caprese skewers, beet slices on crostini, and cooked salmon on a crunchy chip thing I can’t think of but it was delicious.

Bankers!
Three colleagues and I had a fun time chatting about yard equipment, ethnic food restaurants I haven’t been to, busy schedules and summer plans, and other random topics. It’s always fun to spend time with work friends at local organization events. We visited the photo setup for Polaroid pictures, and posed for various group images on various cell phones. 

Guests were encouraged to take the potted table centerpieces and I left with a lupine and a new awareness of an organization I wasn’t previously familiar with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment