Wednesday, April 21, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 401 (Wednesday)

The day held surprises at nearly every turn, beginning with the resurrection of a quarterly project I had the unabashed audacity to think was finished last Thursday, that suddenly needed more edits today. Unfortunately, I don’t have all the edits, so I can’t move it along yet. I used to love this project, but in the past few quarters the number of cooks crashing into the kitchen has expanded and a two-page document that used to take a few days to complete now takes several weeks and the new edits pushed us to the seventh file version with the outside designer that works on it. This recurring project has been shoved off my favorites list.

Despite having painstakingly curated my produce selections last Friday, there was no box delivered today. The bank card associated with the account had expired and been replaced. When the charge attempted to go through, it was declined due to the mismatch of info, and I missed the messages until it was too late to correct. Oops.

Thanks to the self-healing toilet,
a bathroom redesign has been avoided.
Just before our afternoon team meeting, the toilet decided to go on strike and cease flushing. The lid was removed and I nervously peered into the abyss to see that there was barely an inch of water in the tank. My mind went immediately to the worst case scenario and wondering what color new toilet I should get. The current one is beige, as is the tub/shower. I neither love nor hate those fixtures. The sink/vanity top is an inoffensive beige and white stone type look set on a stained wood cabinet base that I don’t like, but don’t hate enough yet to change out. Simply avoiding looking at it has worked well.

It is clear that replacing the toilet would immediately turn into a total bath remodel and that is not a project I care to deal with. The all-knowing Google was checked with the fabulously descriptive search term “toilet tank has no water and won’t flush.” Results appeared with detailed instructions that seemed beyond the levels of skill or interest and the time available. While the tank was open, I touched something and suddenly the tank began to fill. The toilet fixing itself is clearly a miracle, and thanks to this wonderful miracle, the bathroom doesn't need to be redone. It would be easier to move than redo the bathroom, and I’m not in the mood for that, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment