Wednesday, April 28, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 408 (Wednesday)

Today was great – all day long I was aware it was Wednesday. This is now the benchmark for a successful day. Setting the bar low ensures a good chance of success.

I want to hang out with
Dan Levy in real life.
It was Day Two of the Adobe Summit, which had flashy session titles about content and data and digital marketing to attract eyes to the 30-minute commercial segments. Yesterday’s keynote included a segment with Serena Williams. Today’s lunchtime keynote featured the beautiful and talented Dan Levy. I am pretty sure if Dan Levy and I knew each other we would be best friends like David Rose and Stevie Budd in Schitt'$ Creek. Until that time, I have my imagination.

Levy’s opener included a bit about the audience wondering why he was here, and he followed up with “I’ve been asking myself and my therapist that for years.” He referenced being a college dropout and “dressing up for a living” while interacting with a series of Adobe product development folks who demonstrated their products. The parts with Dan were very funny. 

The developer would ask a question to tie the product to Dan's business, D.L. Eyewear. There were times where Dan had a hilarious look on his face somewhere between confused, constipated, and focused. Responding to one question asked by a developer, Dan said, “If I haven’t made this abundantly clear, you are dealing with someone who isn’t very bright.” Another developer asked what comedians and successful business people have in common, and Dan said, “Crippling anxiety and insecurity?” I was dying. And also relating. The developer added, “knowing their audience.”

For a solo soup lunch watching a business presentation, it was quite fun. The only thing better would have been a real life lunch with Dan Levy.

No comments:

Post a Comment