Friday, April 30, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 410 (Friday)

Every Friday is met with the same thought. Thank goodness it’s Friday. Five-day workweeks are definitely better than a six- or seven-day workweek, but dang, I’d sure love a four-day workweek and three-day weekend. In my next life, if there is such a thing, if I can’t be part of the super-wealthy billionaire echelon then a four-day workweek would be a suitable concession. Just a thought. 

Hello? Hello? Umm, cookies?
The wind was wild again today, even though the weather reports called it “moderate.” The trees were whipping around, and each of the 10,000 times the door was opened to cater to the needs of the Canine Overlords, the wind was either blowing against the storm door making it hard to open, or would catch it and nearly rip it from my hand. 

The pups had a normal day, cycling between napping, yapping, and staring at me in hopes of scoring a cookie. The yapping was mostly Moose, as he is the vocal one. Winston is the king of nonverbal communication. The lumps in Winston's neck are much better, with one side back to normal, and the other significantly smaller. Hooray for antibiotics!

The wind felt pretty crazy to me, but that’s probably because it seems like it hasn’t stopped for about two solid months. March is the month known for wind, and it can stop any minute now. It wouldn’t have been much of a surprise if the house lifted from the foundation and flew off, and the idea was quite appealing. Talk about the perfect travel scenario! A change of scenery with no travel bookings, no airfare expense and no TSA, and my entire wardrobe and all my stuff would be with me without the aggravation of packing. Sign me up please. Although my luck, the mystery wind tour would probably put me down in the middle of Siberia or Greenland. The solitude would be okay, but the weather might not be so grand.

The forecast includes more “moderate” wind of “3-18 mph” tomorrow. If it is anything close to today’s level, I reckon I will be totally uninterested in leaving the house. This is unfortunate as there are plans outside the house for tomorrow, with “outside” being literally out-of-doors. We’ll see how that goes. Or doesn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment