Friday, April 2, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 382 (Friday)

After the veggie cooking and spilled cleanup of Thursday night, it was time for the kitchen and I to have a little trial separation. There was enough of the stir fry veggies left that lunch was microwaved and eaten from the storage bowl. This kitchen victory was declared for both not cooking and not dirtying additional dishes.

During this breakup, supper was a delivery pizza, inspired by a menu mailer that arrived on Monday. Menus from delivery places are my favorite advertising mail. This one proclaimed “online ordering” and “delivery,” from the latest collection of my current favorite words. The menu was from Suppa’s, a place close to the house that I didn’t know delivered.

Supper from Suppa's.
It felt like I was cheating on Primo when visiting the Suppa’s website. It was the Indian dishes in the menu including paneer tikka masala that got me onto the website, but it ended up being pizza that was ordered. The beauty of living within a half mile of pizza places seems to be the delivery – from either place, the food has arrived earlier than estimated and piping hot. 

The Suppa’s pizza was good. It’s different than Primo, and different than Espresso, which is still probably my favorite pizza. If Espresso delivered or I wasn’t so lazy, it would be my go-to pizza. The basic version of the pie from each of these places fits the description of my ideal pizza – thin crust and inexpensive, especially considering that the eight slices of a large pizza provide between four and eight meals at The BungaLowell. The first night, when it’s hot and fresh, is often a two-slice event, but after that the rations are single slices plucked from the freezer.

The feeling of cheating on Primo disappeared or maybe it was swallowed with the delicious pizza from Suppa’s. I’m a free agent with no allegiance to any pizza purveyor and shall sow my pizza cash rations freely to any local shops that deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment