Tuesday, August 11, 2020

“Remoted” – Day 148 (Tuesday)



The “doing nothing on staycation” idea has been taken to heart. When I commit, I’m all in. Less was done today than yesterday, when I managed to sweep and vacuum, do some laundry, run the dishwasher and put away the clean dishes.

Tomato pie for days and days.
Today, I tricked Moosie back to bed after the regular 6:00 wake up and got to sleep until 6:30. That felt like victory. There was basic personal hygiene and dressing. The deck plants were watered, but only after supper when I couldn’t remember the last time I had checked on them. Poor things were wilted and parched from the heat. Sunday’s tomato pie, mini omelet cups pulled from the freezer, and roasted vegetables have served as the autopilot food plan for the past couple days. This only works because luckily, I don’t mind eating the same thing for days and days. I'd rather keep eating repeats than have to actively plan more food.

Those were the days accomplishments. Pretty much the full inventory.

Late in the morning I planned out a road trip – a 45-minute ride with destinations in two neighboring towns, and back home. Then it just didn’t happen. After a couple hours of thinking about it but not going, I curled up on the couch and took a nap instead. Evidently, the idea of a road trip was enough for today. Actually getting into the car and driving suddenly felt like a lot of effort. 

There have been alerts that Xfinity is working in my area on Wednesday and causing a “brief service interruption.” There was no time window noted and sometimes “brief” is closer to all day in utility provider speak, so tomorrow is probably a better day to drag myself out on the little car jaunt.  Maybe an Xfinity service interruption can break the level of “don’t give a shit,” which is currently comically, tragically high.

No comments:

Post a Comment