Wednesday, February 21, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,436 – (Wednesday) – light day

It was Wednesday, and the commute was easier than usual thanks to February school vacation week. The office was also unusually quiet and our “all hands on deck” day was a little light on hands for most of the day. The light attendance wasn’t due to school vacation, though. A couple colleagues were on location at a video shoot and a couple more were out of the office.

Despite the smaller crew, things were still accomplished. Logjams that hindered project progress for months were finally broken. Things were approved. Ads were delivered. Overall, it was much better than the average tolerable day.

To cap it off, the ride home was civilized with light traffic. It was magic. No, really.

She isn't really tempted yet.
Back at home, there was the search for the cat with no official name, but it’s really leaning towards “Kiki.” This is what keeps coming out of my mouth when I peer into her fortress of solitude and comfort in the box spring, hoping to lure her out with a trail of Temptations Mix Ups treats. These are her favorites according to the foster care person she stayed with, but she does not appear to be tempted. The previous offerings were still where I left them. That feels mixed up.

Once again, she thudded down the stairs as I sat on the couch after supper. Tonight, I was chuckling to one of Taylor Tomlinson’s standup shows on Netflix (Have it All in case you want to check it out) and it was my first sighting of her outside the confines of the box spring today. She paused in the dining room to look at me, before turning around and going back upstairs.

Somewhere along the journey back up the staircase, she meowed a couple times. I have no clue what she's trying to tell me, but I went upstairs, clutching the bag of treats and found her back in the box spring castle. At least I know where to look for her, until she finds another spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment