Thursday, February 15, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,430 – (Thursday) – still not CSB

January dragged like it was a year long and February is flying. These past two weeks have disappeared in a blink. The Lowell Winter Festival is already this weekend and Presidents Day is Monday. Cripes! I hope the long weekend drags at the glacial pace that January inflicted on us. In general, a pace between pond scum slow and lightning fast would also be appreciated. Is that too much to ask? Just wondering.

At 4:54, there was a phone call from a number that flashed as “Illinois.” I expected it to be a telemarketer using a ZoomInfo list and looking for “Nancy” but answered it anyway out of curiosity. Nope. Not for Nancy this time.

Oh, CSB.
It was a DoorDash driver, calling to inform “CSB,” who seems to still have my phone number listed on their account, that McDonald’s was out of something in their order. This hasn’t happened since January and I thought maybe the problem had been resolved. Nope. 

For about the 10th time in six months, it isn’t my order, partly because I have never ordered anything using DoorDash. The number had shown as “Illinois,” so I mentioned I was in Massachusetts. The driver said he was in Massachusetts too, in Billerica. There's a clue. Anybody know "CSB" in Billerica?

I explained the phone number situation, just like I have done with a couple other drivers who have called with order issues in the past. That's when I noticed there had also been an earlier text update.

At 4:58, there was another call from another number and another person with DoorDash about the same order. This seems to be protocol. The second caller said the order would be cancelled. This was followed by a text message about the cancellation. None of which CSB, the actual customer, received.

Better than McDonald's.
My own supper was not a McDonald’s menu offering. At least not here in America. Maybe in Greece, but I'm guessing. It was half of a spanikopita twirl with stuffed grape leaves and Kalamata olives, from Market Basket via my refrigerator. 

I can’t stop wondering if CSB ever got any supper and just how mad they are at McDonald's and DoorDash. I also wonder if they aren’t at least a little curious about why, since August, they haven’t received text updates about their orders. 

Maybe it will prompt them to check their account and discover my phone number. We’ll see. Possibly to be continued. If CSB falls back into the original pacing of August, it will be in about two weeks. The way February is sprinting through time, it will fee like five minutes from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment