Monday, February 19, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,434 – (Monday) – kitty watch

The Monday holiday was a delightful blend of relaxation, household chores, and intrigue.

Puzzle!
Despite intending to sleep late, I was up at the usual hour, so that part was technically a fail, but it’s okay. Coffee consumption was accompanied by building a hard puzzle started on Sunday. The morning passed quietly and at a civilized pace. 

While laundry was underway, eggs were whisked and combined with various veggies and baked in muffin cups for quick and portable breakfasts. 

After putting away some groceries, I saw a text from 30 minutes earlier from my travel friends with dates and information so we could all book a fall vacation trip. There was a great price on it a few days ago, but it had suddenly increased by a lot while we were all still checking dates. We agreed that if the price came back down, we would pounce and book. The price drop happened today and as soon as I saw the text message, I was on the website and my flight and the all-inclusive hotel were booked. It is nice to have something to look forward to.

In tonight’s salsa class, we worked on partnered turns again. I remembered to use hand cream so I was less self-conscious about having dry hands, but they were still freezing cold. I forgot about my plan to bring back gloves as a fashion item.

Kitty watch.
In Day Three of the Kitty Chronicles, the cat with no name hid under the bed all morning. During the afternoon, she emerged and camped out on the top step, just like Winston used to do. A couple times she meowed, but when I came to the staircase, she bolted back into the bedroom. 

After salsa class, she came down a couple steps and peered at me from through the railings. As long as I remained at the table with the puzzle, we were good, but if I got up, she would disappear. 

When I moved to the living room, she ventured all the way down the stairs to the dining room, stood in the living room doorway and meowed, then ran back upstairs. A few minutes later, she came back downstairs, ran into the kitchen, meowed, and ran back upstairs, back under the bed. I'm not sure what she was telling me. Maybe I was supposed to go back to the table so she could monitor me from the stairs. In any event, it feels like progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment