Saturday, February 24, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,439 – (Saturday) – slightly sideways

The day skidded sideways before it even began. The itinerary included the Finnish breakfast at Saima Park in Fitchburg, followed by a visit to the booth at the antiques co-op with Mom, then a 12:00 appointment back in Lowell. After that, the afternoon was free.

The schedule would require leaving The BungaLowell around 7:30, which is a half hour earlier than a work day. At 6:00, the alarm went off and was promptly snoozed. I was tired. I had felt tired all week and this morning was no different. I rolled over and went back to sleep. At 7:30, I woke up long enough to call Mom to let her know that, due to the late hour and the whole time and distance thing, she didn’t need to look for me or save me a seat at breakfast. And I went back to sleep.

Formally adopted.
When I woke up again, it was 9:15. Most of the morning was gone, but I felt a lot less tired and a little more human.

As I was stepping into the shower, I remembered that I still belong to a gym and the freed schedule left an opening to go there. I proceeded with the shower instead.

The noon appointment was at the Humane Society to do Kiki’s adoption paperwork. For some reason, the paperwork last week was for a Foster Volunteer. Today was the actual formal adoption paperwork and payment of the adoption fee. 

After the Human Society, I went to St. Vincent de Paul, located down the street. I saw a colleague there, and we had a chance to chat about a variety of topics. I found two blouses, one new with tags, and two "Portion Perfection" bowls, both new with tags. The total was a very wallet-friendly $6. 

Portion Perfection bowls.
I did an online search of the bowls at home and learned they are part of a program developed for diabetics, weight control, and post-bariatric surgery. I got them because they were only sixty cents each and seemed cool with the measurements marked inside. I bet the five giant iced oatmeal cookies I ate today are not part of the food plan that works with the bowls.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with the oddly difficult puzzle and starting a pot of vegetable soup. Kiki was upstairs in her box spring feline fortress and command post, except for one brief moment when she came to the stairs and meowed. When I peeked up at her, she ran back into the bedroom and I didn’t see or hear from her again for hours. 

I need to somehow make physical contact with her and get her new purple collar with the golden name tag onto her neck. And the Humane Society rep said they recommend a vet visit within ten days of adoption, but I have no idea how I’ll be able to corral her into a carrier to get her to the vet at this stage of the game. Maybe I can haul in the box spring fortress?

No comments:

Post a Comment