Thursday, February 22, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,437 – (Thursday) – puzzlements

At 6:00 this morning, there was meowing. Not super loud, but audible from downstairs as I was in bed thinking about getting up. I went downstairs, partly because it was nearly time for the alarm to ring anyway, and partly to investigate the melodic tones emitted by the cat. In an open room! Where I could see her! Not tucked away inside the box spring!

I stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking at her sweet little face. She sat next to her litter box, peering at me from between the legs of a chair. She turned to her left and started walking as if to the next room, or potentially towards me. I moved to my right, potentially towards her, hoping for the chance to give her a little face rub, which she seemed to enjoy on Saturday. That’s when she cut hard to her right and bolted for the stairs I was no longer blocking. Totally faked me out. Points to the crafty cat.

There was a pile of deposited material in the litter box, and I puzzled over whether she was calling attention to her work or demanding I clean the box. Maybe she was testing the waters to see how much control she will have in this relationship. (I think we all know the answer to that one, and it's Kiki for the win.)

The only times I saw her majesty after the musical wakeup call were the couple times I went upstairs to peek into the box spring palace. I wonder if she would like me to put some little pillows in there.

After work I finished filing my taxes. I’d rather scoop poop out of the litter box. It’s not a complicated return, but it still gave me a headache every time I did any work on it. Every time I have a donation picked up by Big Brothers Big Sisters or Epilepsy Foundation, I make a list of the items. I found four email receipts from Epilepsy Foundation pickups, but only two lists. Unfortunately, Big Brothers Big Sisters leaves paper receipts and it’s anyone’s guess where those currently are, and no lists were found for BBBS. Not that it would matter. There couldn’t possibly be enough to boost the total deductions over the standard deduction in a way that would make much of a difference. Now it’s all done except for waiting for the refunds. Thank goodness.

Stupid puzzle.
After the tax filing, it was over to the hardest puzzle ever attempted. There was some actual progress, which is difficult with the overhead lighting that causes glare on the pieces and which causes my head to casts shadows. 

Overall, it was quite a day of puzzlements. Cat, taxes, puzzle. Oy.


No comments:

Post a Comment