Monday, October 16, 2023

random thoughts – Day 1,308 – (Monday) – hither and yon

It was a vacation day and the morning was free to go to the gym. It was the usual hasty exit – grab the keys, the wallet, and the phone with the app to check-in at the gym and dash out the door. After the gym there was a quick detour to the gas station. Inside the wallet there was a surprise – no license, debit card, credit card, or cash. Consequently, no gas.

That’s when I remembered those necessary items were all on the kitchen table because I used a small purse over the weekend that can’t accommodate the big wallet. I had emptied the purse, but not out the items into the wallet. Sure enough, when I got home, they were all neatly stacked right near where I had grabbed the keys from. Duh.

After a shower and breakfast there was another trip out to the wild for gas and a visit to Chowder Factory. The Chowder Factory was the furthest point and I went there first. I’d seen the sign for the place dozens of times, and never turned down the street. Recently, there was a Facebook post about the soups sometimes being half-off and today was one of those days. I got some seafood chowder and oyster crackers and if the freezer had any room, I may have bought more.

Clouds to the left.
While driving to the gas station, imagining eating the chowder for supper, I remembered the swordfish chunks bought from Market Basket in the past and wanted some. Or fish sticks. 

Exiting the gas station, the volume of traffic (or maybe my lack of patience) prevented taking the left turn onto Aiken Street to head to Market Basket. I ended taking a right and going back down Lakeview for what felt like forever to finally take the right onto VFW and towards MB. Along the detour, I thought maybe I’d go to Hannaford for the last day of a $10 off a $25 order coupon but talked myself out of it because that would turn into a big grocery shop.

Clouds to the right.
The weather was what has become the usual lately – clouds, sun, clouds and sun, showers, and sun showers. Crossing the University Ave Bridge, there were low, heavy, gray clouds to the left and blue sky and more cheerful clouds to the right. The red lights are so long that there is plenty of time take photos to entertain myself.

Over at Market Basket, it was lucky I had the fish sticks back-up plan because there were only large swordfish steaks. Fish sticks were bought but they weren’t needed, because the chowder was plenty filing for supper. I made myself run around like a nut for nothing. Certainly not the first time. Or the last. But now I have fish sticks and tater tots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment