Wednesday, August 17, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 892 (Wednesday) – waiting

Winnie in the morning.
It seemed like it might rain. The weather forecast had not been checked and it was more of general hunch. When I was a kid, I could accurately smell when it was going to snow, so I figured my rain hunch had some backbone. Plus, it was cloudy. 

The early morning was occupied with the usual coffee, Wordle, Quordle, Facebook, and email. Winston sat on the couch, cool and composed. Mid-morning, I had the idea to check with my sister to see if she wanted to meet after lunch for ice cream near the farm stand with the cool plants. I did not reach out. Instead, I waited to see if the clouds would pass. They did not. It also did not rain.

Mid-day salad.
After a mid-day lunch of a healthy salad, I had the idea to check with my sister to see if she wanted to meet for ice cream mid-afternoon. During the trip, new plants could be bought to brighten the yard. I did not reach out, and instead, waited to see if the clouds would pass. They did not. It also did not rain.

The container of six brownies that had been baked the other day were removed from the freezer where they had been stored for safekeeping. “Just one” was had. Frozen brownies are pretty good.

Mid-afternoon, there was the idea to check with my sister to see if she wanted to meet for ice cream after supper. Instead, there was a nap on the couch, likely the effect of having eaten all six brownies. Groggy from the couch nap, I discovered Winston’s undigested breakfast vomited all over the bathroom floor.

Over the course of the day, each time Winston went outside, I noticed the clouds. They transformed from individual moody white and gray puffy things to solid and total cloud cover. Still thinking it would rain, the plants were not watered. Winston seemed ok, despite the earlier evidence of the mysterious digestive distress. 

Late day continued cloud cover.
My mood got a little gloomier over the lost opportunity for ice cream and new flowers. And also maybe a little bit for not doing a single thing except for loafing around all day and thinking about doing things instead of doing them. The clouds still hung overhead, and there was still no rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment