Thursday, June 23, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 837 (Thursday) – rodeo clown

There was every intention of getting to book club early. Work ended at 5:00, a change of footwear took me out of flip flops and into a more sturdy sandal. Winston was fed and medicated and went outside. Then he was diapered and given the Momma feels guilty that she’s leaving cookies. There was a temporary moment of wardrobe insecurity involving the fear of being cold in the restaurant that resulted in a trip upstairs for a sweater to jam in the purse. Suddenly, it was 5:43 and I was finally just walking out the door for the 6:00 meeting.

I drove downtown, parked, walked around the corner to Warp and Weft, and squeaked into the restaurant before the meeting began. I ended up at a corner of the long table with the rest of the noisy room behind me. 

The alley near book club.
The evening’s beer was chosen because the name was amusing and it is a local brewer – Bull Spit Brewing Company (Lancaster, MA) Rodeo Clown. There are not many craft beers I don’t like, but tongiht I learned this is one of them. The description in the Untappd App says “Sour – Traditional Gose.” Whatever that means. My note about it says “Ordered for the fun name. Ick.”

Thanks to the acoustics, three or four of us at our end could hear all the restaurant noise but very little of the book club discussion ahead. We started our own conversations a couple times. 

After book club, the walk to the car took me past the alley that runs between Market Street and Middle Street. The alley has grass covered trolley tracks and a wall with a mural. Since the last time I passed there and paid attention, the wall of one building is covered in greenery and looks really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment