Tuesday, June 21, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 835 (Tuesday) – scripted nuggets

According to Netflix, one of the shows now trending is God’s Favorite Idiot, with Melissa McCarty and Ben Falcone. The title is amusing and I took the bait. There are several familiar faces in the cast, which is fun.

The workplace depicted is lively and filled with conversation that is often inappropriate and also funny. The convivial interaction of the swear swapping colleagues is nothing like office settings in which I work. Not lately, anyway. Or maybe it is, and just not when I’m there. 

My favorite workplace banter so far was between Amily, played by Melissa McCarthy and coworker Tom played by Chris Sandiford.

Amily:   “Tom, stop interrupting me or I will end you.”

Tom:      “I’m not interrupting. I’m collaboratively overlapping.”

“Collaboratively overlapping.” And there you have it, my new favorite phrase. For as long as I remember it, anyway.

The current second favorite phrase, delivered by office boss Frisbee is “Thanks for sunshining that for me.”  Bwahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment