Tuesday, June 14, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 828 (Tuesday) – cars and shoes

One year ago - car delivery day.
One year ago today, the Jeep salesman delivered the Renegade to The BungaLowell. The day one photos are wet and rainy. The weather on car-anniversary day was much nicer with sunshine and breezes.

The Jeep has acquired only around 6,000 miles in the past year. At first, there wasn’t anywhere I especially wanted to go. Now gas is so expensive, there is no place I want to go enough to lay out the cost of fuel. It’s become a choice between expensive groceries or expensive gas. The stomach wins every time. Luckily, driving is not a past-time for me like it is for other people. I'm a Point A to Point B destination driver and not a recreational driver, so there is no real sense of loss from not tooling around town.

I still miss the six-CD payer that was in the old car, but I’ve finally found a radio station that isn't awful. Thank you, Emerson College for your radio station and the variety of tolerable music. But Route 495 just isn’t the same without the Beth Nielsen Chapman Latin church hymns and the Middle Eastern Belly Dance music CDs.

When looking at the Renegade, brief consideration was given to getting a proper Jeep – you know, the Wrangler. This was dismissed because it felt like it would be false advertising portraying an image I can’t live up to – that of an adventurer. The Renegade is a softer, more diluted version of a Jeep, and the nonexistent back seat and miniscule cargo area accurately reflect my nonexistent life. I am relatively at peace with the harmony of car and driver.

In other non-adventuring news, my new elderly accessory arrived today – the elbow strap that is supposed to help with the tendonitis. It came with plenty of instructions about the washing and drying, but not how to use the stupid thing. 

The internet was consulted for guidance on where the lumpy part is supposed to sit and how tight to set the thing and in true fashion, by the time the laptop was turned on, the mission was forgotten and I ended up looking at shoes. There are now four pairs of sandals in shopping carts at two different online vendors. Thanks to a 30% Kohl’s discount on top of some decent sale prices, it’s looking like it will be Kohl’s for the win. At least my feet will be stylish. Hopefully enough to erase the stigma of the bulky and dumb looking strap that keeps sliding down my arm and flopping like a giant bangle bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment