Sunday, May 9, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 419 (Sunday)

It was Mother’s Day, and a planned trip to Mom’s. Before leaving, I pulled a sneak attack on Moose to trim his much too long toenails while he napped. After one nail was cut successfully, I boldly moved to a second, which I cut too short and it bled. Moose didn’t react at all and it was the blood on the couch that indicated what I had done. Bad Mommy. Not only did I feel terrible about it, I had to chase him around the kitchen with tissues and corn starch to stop his bleeding then wipe up the blood spots on the floor. 

The traffic was a bit heavy on the way to Mom’s but the reward at the end of it was a relaxed visit in Mom’s yard in the sunshine with my sister, brother-in-law and two-thirds of the nieces in person and one via Facetime. The sun was warm until blocked by a cloud. It was nice sitting outside, which I don’t do nearly enough, and it was nice to have conversations in person, although I don’t recall many specifics. We definitely talked about cars – the ones we own and those I might want to consider buying. The Saturday visit from Chicken was shared.

After a couple hours, my sister and her crew left to other adventures. StepDad grilled burgers while I planted a bleeding heart and some lilies of the valley dug up earlier from my yard and set them in Mom’s back yard. There were the burgers and cole slaw and potato chips for lunch, followed by strawberries with pound cake, and brown sugar cinnamon pie crust pinwheels. 

It was an offline day and there are no photos of the people or lunch or desserts or the transplanted flowers. Just like the low-tech times of the “good old days,” we’ll have to hold the memory of the day in our hearts and minds until sooner or later (but probably sooner) it slips away. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment