Monday, May 25, 2020

“Remoted” – Workday 53 / Day 70 (Monday)



This was a confusing day. I kept thinking it was Sunday. Four days of mini-staycation with no plan wasn’t boring for one single second, it was just a bit confusing keeping track of the days. I really need to block out a longer chunk of time to see how long it takes before I go crazy with no obligations and no plan. Mom says the stretch of days with no plan describes her life in retirement. If that is what it’s like, I’m going to own that lifestage. Stay at Home doesn’t count for my boredom study, as working Monday through Friday working has kept the same schedule as working downtown. There is no leisure time during the day, it’s a straight eight hours (or more) of working. Maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Today started out chilly, so coffee was in front of the TV instead of out on the newly curtained porch. Mom called and it was nice talking with her. Did laundry. Read. Washed dishes. Hovered over Moose much of the day like a true (s)mother. He’s being weird again with the eating/not eating. Yesterday he skipped his supper and the real shocker, wasn’t interested in treats and barely barked. He slept and snored all day, and it was bad enough that I was trying to determine if was “just” snoring or a breathing issue that warrants a call to the vet. Today he ate breakfast and slept a lot during the day, but with no snoring. When he was awake he seemed peppier. He wasn’t thrilled with supper, so I set it aside and a couple hours later he stood in front of me staring and barking, then led me to the shelf where his supper sat. But His Royal Highness would only eat it if I hand fed him, one piece of kibble at a time. I am an obedient servant.

Shrimp and stuff
with angel hair.
My own supper was a tasty dish using the leftover shrimp extracted from last night’s baked seafood dinner delivery and cut and tossed with sauteed mushrooms, green pepper, fresh roma tomato, and garlic, with a dash of creamer (more precisely, four Land O’Lakes Mini Moo’s coffee creamers) mixed with angel hair and topped with parmesan. I fork fed myself. With two dogs staring at me the whole time.

The new chicken themed puzzle was opened late today. Step one – the border – is super hard, as most of it is white. This will not go was quickly as Sherlock Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment