Thursday, December 22, 2022

random truths – Day 1,010 (Thursday) – French toast

Frozen.
There is nothing like an 8:10 am medical appointment to get a day rolling. The office appointments actually start around 7:30, which is hugely convenient for squeezing in an appointment before work, but 7:30 is just a little too early for this office, as they are about 20 minutes away. 

The medical office is located on a sort of busy road with a couple shopping plazas and restaurants. There is a collecting pond at the edge of the parking lot, and this morning it was iced over and looked like the perfect vision for the first full day of winter. 

After the appointment, I was slated to visit one of our branches that is just a couple miles from the medical office. It was still 15 minutes before their opening time when I was in the parking lot, and I didn’t want to be the first person bursting through the door when they opened it.

Luckily for me, there was a little café in the same plaza as the branch. I popped in for a coffee and then added some French toast to the deal when I realized I was oddly hungry. I love French toast, but rarely bother to make it. It was relaxing being in a café, seated at a window counter, enjoying French toast with maple syrup and hot black coffee. It felt special and a little decadent. Generally, I'm not hungry until around 10:00 and if I eat breakfast at all it's usually a dry granola bar or an only slightly less dry cereal bar.

French toast!
By the time I was done with breakfast, the branch was open and I could complete my mission – taking a couple photos of some installed elements. It was nice chatting with the branch team. I rarely see them for 10,000 reasons including the time-space continuum and the fact that our roles rarely put us in the same meetings.

The rest of the day continued at the remote office with logging the photos from the branch, sending portraits to bankers that were done last week, and many other desk-bound activities. Next week there are a couple more branch visits on my calendar and I’m looking forward to it. It’s been nice getting out to the places where the customer magic happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment