Monday, December 5, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 993 (Monday) –forever long

Today may have earned the record for longest eight-hour workday ever. It was another of those days where it felt as if time stood still. All day. There were six of us on the floor and it was as silent as a tomb for most of the forever-long day. Somehow, we all survived.

Since my two favorite downtown shopping destinations have closed their doors and fled Merrimack Street and I carry my lunch in, I have basically no reason to leave the building for a break. Once a quarter I walk to City Hall to pay the water bill, but walking with no destination, especially when it’s cold out, is unappealing to me. It used to be fun to take a quick walk to Rainbow Fashions to check out the footwear and accessories or to CVS under the guise of checking out the candy sales. The wallet is grateful for the curtailed spending opportunities, but all the sitting is really killing me.

Monday, 4:25 pm- the
washed-out version
At 4:25, the sky was glowing pink. There was some oohing and aahing at the view out the window. The sky was hard to capture properly with the cell phone due to the angle out the window, the reflections from the office on the window, and the way the cell phone completely washed out the intensity of the pink. It’s always the case. 

Finally, 5:00 arrived and it was time for the brisk walk to the garage. At home, there were microwaved leftovers that allowed me to eat quickly and then engage in the evening pastime of more sitting, thinking about Christmas and not doing anything about it, and wasting time playing the stupid Woodoku game on my phone. Simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment