Monday, October 3, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 930 (Monday) – monday all day

It was chilly, so the walk to the office was brisk. I went in early, and as a result, was caught in the high school pedestrian traffic. It felt like being a salmon swimming upstream while navigating for space on the sidewalk against the flow of adolescent energy.

Morning view from the desk.
Once safe at my desk, the view out the window was of the building across the street, bathed in sunshine, against clouds in a color like a gray wool flannel suit. This happens sometimes, and I find the effect fascinating. 

Work was stressful with a series of problems and issues. It felt like juggling balls of fire. All day. I was blessed with a raging headache within the first hour of the day, which then insisted on remaining my steadfast companion for the rest of the day. After work, it was the mad dash to get home to take care of Winston and then be back out into traffic to head to class.

By the time I got to Finnish language class, my brain was mush. Somehow, I survived it, but this stuff is hard. Vowel harmony, partitive, strong and weak something or other, the K-P-T rule where letters magically disappear or change to other letters. Oy!

The traffic driving home was light and the return trip from class is about 10 to 15 minutes quicker. The Emerson College radio station was playing some good stuff on both legs of the journey, which always helps. Kind of like the sunny cloudy view from the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment