Thursday, October 20, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 947 (Thursday) – four stars

It was a vacation day, specially selected to accommodate a dental appointment. For a root canal. Ugh. Clearly, my trend of using personal time off for living large and in charge and maxxing out the fun meter continues.

Winston was up at 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. which meant I was up at those ungodly hours because you know, dog, locks and doorknobs, no opposable thumbs. As a result, we slept until 8:00, which felt great. 

Retro sneaker style in a
modern dental office.
Blah, blah, usual morning routine, outfit included brand new Retro Multi Suede  sneakers, an online impulse purchase from Hush Puppies earlier in the week. The original intended purchase was low rain boots depicted in a Facebook ad and the $70 sneakers were added to save the $6 shipping. Shopping logic reigns.

Then it was out the door to the dentist in Fitchburg, because I never got around to changing to a new one closer to home. When visits were only twice year for cleanings it was fine, because they have Saturday hours, but when there are problems it’s a lot less fine.

I arrived a bit early which allowed time to sit in the parking lot and investigate the suddenly extra loud volume on the nagging system voice that broadcasts the speed limit when hitting seven miles above it. Once in the system settings, I saw that the volume was mysteriously at 37, despite being manually set at 20 months ago. It takes about 97 commands to get into that setting and it isn't the sort of thing that can be accidentally changed. So weird.

Once inside the building, it was a 15-minute wait beyond my appointment time. The usual home decorating /house flipping /home search shows played on the waiting room TV. My stomach was growling and there was regret at not having eaten breakfast. Once in the chair in the surgery wing, there was tapping on the tooth and blasts of cold. Then there were at least twice as many numbing needles as usually received for a normal filling.

The drilling of the temporary cement and the old filling commenced, and then there was a declaration from the dentist. He didn’t think I needed a root canal, and the situation looked worse on the x-ray than what he saw in my tooth. I said, “I think I love you.”

There was a build out done, and I get to go back for a crown, but I’ve been on that journey before and know what to expect. There was advice to be alert for throbbing or sensitivity and to call if that happened. Overall, it was a good dentist visit. Four out of five stars. A five star dental visit would be none at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment