Tuesday, October 4, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 931 (Tuesday) – spooky basket

A couple months ago, a friend I met in Clarksville, TN who now lives elsewhere (as do I), proposed a “Spooky Basket” exchange. The idea was that participants would receive a name and address, and assemble a fall/spooky basket to send to that person. It sounded like fun and I was in.

Super fun Spooky Basket
received from Maryland.
My basket went to Spokane, Washington. It is a slightly random assortment including sugar skull salt and pepper shakers and a sugar skull tote bag, black kitchen towels and a “Home Spooky Home” towel, Halloween socks, décor including a skull, tinsel witch hat, hot cider packets, and pumpkin marshmallows and garland for cushioning. There may have been some other things, but I don’t recall. And with all the nonsense I regularly take pictures of, I neglected to take a picture of the outgoing Spooky Basket. Duh. 

Yesterday, I received a basket from Gaithersburg, Maryland. It is amazing. Coffee, cocoa, a travel cup, a skull dish, a skull and snake candle, a wooden box that looks like a book with candy and a nice note inside, plus cocoa, cocoa bombs, and chai. It was all packed with purple, orange, and black tissue paper in a rectangular basket decorated with ribbon and some charms. The basket is super thoughtful and very cool. 

It was fun creating a Spooky Basket and fun receiving one. And now I have two new friends of my friend to whom I can send holiday cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment