Tuesday, April 14, 2020

“Remoted” – Workday Twenty-Two – Tuesday


Remote Workday 22 / Hermit Day 29. The work part was the busiest I have been since I don’t know when.

Today, I had two people sending me data sheets and I entered 29 accounts. For comparison, my highest count before today was 14. It could have been more, but a few inefficiencies in the system prevented it. There were a few instances of inaccurate data that needed research. One person sending instructions would attach the data spreadsheet with the message. The other would send an email with the name of the account in the subject line, and I’d have to go to the server and look for the sheet. Guess which was faster. My total would have been 30, but the last two I received had issues. One had too many digits in the NAICS industry code and the other I couldn’t find the sheet on the server.

When there are no issues with system lag, math errors, zip code +4, or NAICS code, and just one or two owners on the account, I can enter the info in under 10 minutes. Part of the credit goes to the new mouse and keyboard. Even thought I write with my right hand, I mouse with the left. The new keyboard has the dedicated number pad on the right hand side, so I can type numbers right handed and use the mouse to move to the next cell with the left. It would never be that fast on the laptop keyboard and touchpad.

Moose, the barky one, and Winston, the needy one.
The dogs were extra needy today. Winston seemed bored and restless and made frequent appearances near my chair to tap my leg with his paw until I patted his head. Moose tested his vocal chords and my patience with constant whining. It’s a miracle I got anything done.

After work, during one of Moose’s 1,000 trips outside to pee in two hours, there was a bit of something happening at the end of my driveway that seemed to involve a big red truck, the lady next door, and a small white car crammed with males.

Like I do a million times a week, I was standing at the door watching Moose do his business against the side of the house, which, while not favorite my spot, is definitely better than inside the house. The driver of the car full of clowns which was most likely leaving the never-ending party across the street, stuck his head out of the car window and yelled at me, “Mind your own fu$%ing business.” Umm, excuse me? Gawd, I don't want to hate, but I really hate the people that come and go from the house across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment