Thursday, April 9, 2020

“Remoted” – Workday Eighteen (Thursday)


Today felt like the perfect workday. It was non-stop busy and FLEW by, even with working an extra hour. Overall, it was quite satisfying.

Blooming again for Easter.
In random news, the Christmas Cactus hanging in the office is blossoming again, just in time for Easter. It’s done this before. Meanwhile, back at the "real" office, my plant that was a gift from my manager on my first day in 2016 is probably quite thoroughly dead now. The cute little succulent from a colleague this past Christmas may be in dire straits soon. Had I only understood what was happening the day I was informed I was being "remoted" (and not relocated elsewhere in the building), I might not be worrying about my abandoned plants across town now. Sigh.

The new office space, located in a back corner of the house, seems much quieter than the former work space at the front of the house. There’s no annoying noise in the wall like in the dining room, but I could hear a woodpecker outside, which was preferable. It rained all day, which might have had something to do with the peace and quiet – maybe there was just less activity on the street.

Ummmm.... you are in our space.
The dogs seemed confused by the new location, possibly because the desk sits near where one of the dog beds has been kept when I gate them in the kitchen when leaving the house. They probably couldn’t figure out why I was suddenly in “their space.” Moose was by my side, as usual, mostly napping and  racking up major points in the canine loyalty program. Winston spent a lot of time on the couch, and would randomly appear in the kitchen to bark. I’d get up from the chair to let him out, Moose would get up to follow me, then Winston would steal Moose's spot. Winston has really perfected this trick and has been using it a lot the past few weeks. It's impressive every time.

The carrots look abused.
In addition to the super productive day, the bi-weekly produce box arrived. I love produce day, but this box delivered a couple surprises. There is a bunch of carrots where every single one was brutally broken. Pre-diced? Easter Bunny vengeance? There was also a bunch of celery with some broken stalks, and a spaghetti squash with a big crack. The cracked squash is impressive – those are always crazy hard to cut. On the bright side, it looks like I have a head start cutting that one open. The email announcing the delivery of the box had also arrived with the link to report issues. It's rare I need to respond and report anything, but they heard from me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment