![]() |
| Meowdoku fixation. |
The problem, like with all free games, is the ads. Each game comes with an ad break, and if you make three errors and run out of fish, you can watch ads to stay in the game (instead of restarting). Some of the ads are 30-seconds, some are forever-long. When between games, it can be faster to close the game and reopen the app than to wait out the ads, but when seeking forgiveness for errors mid-game, one wrong tap in an ad screen restarts the game. Errr.
Out in the real world and away from Meowdoku, today’s yard fixation is planning
plantings under the front yard tree. I read in the past that, despite its
popularity in yards across the country, mounding dirt and/or mulch around the base
of the tree trunk is a bad idea and can harm the roots. So it’s been lots of Internet
reading about the best way and what to plant under a tree. One article said
ferns do well under trees, so I can relocate some from the back yard. A sketch
was made to calculate how many plants are needed. It reminds me a little of
cramming for a test in school.
A trip was made to a couple stores that sell plants, but they only had full sun varieties. Quite a few people had plants on the free stuff Facebook group for my town in the past couple weeks, but that was before this morning when I made a plan. Hopefully, someone else will thin their Hosta plants this week and I can grab a couple.
![]() |
| Planning to plant around the tree. |
Armed with info, a plan, and a few gardening tools, this
evening the labor began. A circle was spray painted one foot away from the base
of the tree with the interesting curly bark. Grass was raked and pulled out by
hand between the line and the tree, with efforts made to keep the clover and
other little flowery things. I still need a plan to handle grass regrowth close
to the tree. According to several articles, fabric weed barrier, a thick layer
of dirt, and/or mulch mounded up against the tree are not recommended.
A second circle was spray painted one foot from the first.
This ring is where the plants will go once the grass is pulled out. Ideally, as
in, if I can find any, edging will define the planting ring. The same stores
that didn’t have shade plants today didn’t have flower bed edging. I don’t have
a stash of interesting rock lying around and waiting to star in a flower bed.
Yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment