Tuesday, February 22, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 715 (Tuesday) – Vegas wedding

On this date on 2009, I was in Las Vegas. It was my third trip to Vegas, and the second trip to attend a wedding. It was a last-minute thing when the guy I was living with decided he wanted to attend his friend’s nuptials. We booked a flight and a room and off we went. Such a carefree time. Dang, I miss that lifestyle.


We flew in from Tennessee for a few days and met up with his twin brother and one of their longtime friends who was living there. Tourist things were done – sightseeing, shopping, riding the monorail from the older end of the strip to the newer, flashier end. I vaguely recall visiting a nearby In-and-Out Burger.

Vegas bridal couple.
The wedding was rockabilly themed and held in the penthouse at the Sahara Hotel. The story was that the Beatles had stayed in the Penthouse in 1964 when they played Vegas. The room had large windows and an outdoor deck. 

The bride was stunning in a shite satin fitted dress with long gloves, and many guests were dressed for the theme. 

Despite having brought a dress to wear at the wedding, I bought a different one at the Bettie Page store in Miracle Mile Shops to wear instead. How could I not? It was a great dress, black and cream, purchased in about 10 minutes as we rushed to or from a comedy show or dinner or something. It was worn only twice, both times to weddings, and sadly, now it is too small. There are no photos of me from that trip, at least not in my possession, which happens a lot. It's possible other people at the wedding are looking at me in their photos wondering who the heck I am.

Each time I’ve been to Vegas, I wanted to go back, mostly to revisit The Strip and take a million more photos. So far this hasn’t happened. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment