Monday, January 24, 2022

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 689 (Monday) - driveway attire

Around 12:30, there was a wretched banshee scream sound from the slightly aged silver Mercedes next door as it was driven from the street end of the driveway three car lengths forward to the end at the edge of the yard. It was a repeat of the same awful noise heard around 6:30 this morning when it heralded its own arrival at the house. 

Ahem! I'd like to go out!

Of course, I looked out the window. Nosy? Maybe. In my defense, the racket was directly outside the office window and impossible to ignore. Neighbor guy eventually turned off the screeching engine, got out of the car, and walked around the front to try, unsuccessfully, to raise the hood.

His dark hair and beard were neat and tidy. A black, shawl collar formed a vee below his collarbone and accented the winter paleness of his skin. As he moved around the car, the garment was revealed to be a terry bathrobe. His pale, bare legs extended below the robe and ended in the crocs upon his feet. The day’s high temperature was 29 degrees, hardly the weather to be running around in not much more than a giant towel.

Seeing this made me feel a little better about the times I’ve been outside in my purple plush bathrobe over my pajamas to let Winston in to the back yard. This usually happens at the precise moment that I am about to head upstairs to get dressed, when Winston decides he needs to go out and won’t use the front door where I don’t have to exit the house. Thanks, little buddy.

I always feel self-conscious in the driveway in my robe, but neighbor guy was practically parading around in his. He walked from the front to the back of the car, checked the gas cap, and a couple times  looked under the car, then lifted his fingers to his nose for a sniff when he stood up.

Meanwhile, I was wondering how long it would take for hypothermia to set in and if I might need to call 9-1-1. Luckily, after about five or ten minutes he went back inside and I could again focus on media plans and photography schedules, a webinar that was starting at 2:00, and Winston, who suddenly decided he needed to go for about the fourth time.

No comments:

Post a Comment