Monday, November 29, 2021

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 623 (Monday)

Cyber Monday used to be a productive time for holiday gift shopping, especially if Black Friday online shopping had been ignored like I did this year. Today, after seeing some ads for interesting Cyber Monday sales items, I took the bait and for two hours after work, online shopping was undertaken. 

Dining room spruce up.
Sure, there may be a history of occasionally buying myself pretty, shiny things around the holidays after being swept up in the holiday shopping thing. There was that time years ago when I went "Christmas shopping" and came home with four white leather dining chairs. Other times it was pretty shoes or sparkly clothes. And tonight's online shopping may not have actually been for gifts for others. Oops.

Did I buy myself jewelry, a new camera, or fancy clothes? Maybe some high heeled shoes that make me feel like some kind of superhero? Not quite. The things that cause my pulse to quicken are quite different these days. It was covers for the dining room and kitchen chairs and a book, socks, and hats for myself. My, how things change.

The chair covers will freshen the look of things in the kitchen and dining room while hiding some emerging flaws in the current upholstery. It turns out that leather covered dining seats crack. I had no idea, but the giant leather dandruff flakes on the floors were big clues.

New socks are coming!!
Shopping for socks was the result of a Cyber Monday sale ad for socks seen after an entire day of my feet freezing. After studying a dizzing array of patterns and reading descriptions for fiber content, a six pack of supposedly warm, allegedly wool blend socks was chosen. And now, I eagerly await the delivery of my new socks. 

While comparing socks, an ad for cute hats that I liked last year and didn’t buy popped up. Despite not needing any hats because there are already about a million of them in the closet, the bait was taken and a hats were ordered. The psychologists helping design the internet shopping models are doing a good job.

There are still several cyber shopping carts out in the online shopping atmosphere from a week ago that contain actual potential gift items for other people. That’s probably what should have been under the microscope when patterns and colors on socks were being studied and analyzed. Oops. It might be a late shopping night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment