Sunday, November 7, 2021

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 601 (Sunday)

Mom and StepDad came over on Saturday to help me disassemble the deck umbrella and table and store them for the winter. The garbage disposal mysteriously ceased functioning on Friday but now it's fixed, and bonus, I now know where the reset button is thanks to Mr Fixit. The gas-powered lawn mower, which has refused to start for a couple months, has been spirited away for a check-up. We had a nice visit and a light lunch of chicken, broccoli, and cheese quiche before they headed back home.

Because guests were coming, Saturday morning was spent on a quick house tidy up. The best incentive for me to straighten the place is to have Mom over. It's amazing how fast it gets done when there is a company on the way.

The “change the clocks” weekend bonus hour of sleep was most welcome. Sunday morning started with me feeling rested and refreshed for the first time in ages. This may be evidence that I should get myself to bed an hour earlier, and this theory will be tested.


Sunday meant a morning ride on routes 113 and 119 for dance class. We used zills and veils, did drills and worked on choreography and it was great. Now we are on break until after the holidays, so let's see if I do any better with practicing at home during this break. My home practice record was quite dismal during the shutdown times. I thought about it, just never actually did it. I'm very disciplined when we are preparing for a performance, but without that goal line, I fall apart.

After class, it was back to the house to check on Winston. A delivery update text came during class that Winston’s prescription food arrived two days earlier than expected, and thank goodness it did. Provisions were low and were being stretched with pumpkin puree once I realized the vet wasn’t going to be open on Saturday. 

Cooking for the week took place. Macaroni and cheese was made with one mystery cheese from a deli cheese ends package plus triple cheddar blend, and smoked gouda.  The hint of smoked flavor from the gouda was a nice flavor enhancement. Between the rest of the quiche, the mac and cheese, and homemade soup, the eating will be good this week. 

Dog flower.

Laundry was done, including the sheets. Finnish lessons were done. Flower pots were emptied and weird branches growing under the fence from a neighboring yard were trimmed for yard waste pickup on Monday. Winston sunned himself in a flower bed. The afternoon stretched and the day felt as long as a work day and I was thrilled. I have prayed for this – a weekend day that feels as long as a work day. It was basically sunshine, lollipops, unicorns and rainbows wonderful. Not to be greedy, but I would like all the Saturdays and Sundays to feel long and leisurely like this one did.

No comments:

Post a Comment