Tuesday, November 9, 2021

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 603 (Tuesday)

The weather today sure felt unseasonably swell. The Internet tells me the high was 70 degrees. All I know is it felt warmer outside than inside the house. Inside, I was zipped up in fleece and trying to pull my long sleeves longer but when I let Winston outside, it felt like spring had arrived. Winston, being the golden sun worshipper he is, wanted to go out many times. He would poke around the yard and sniff his way around the perimeter. Then he would politely bark to come back in. Lather, rinse repeat. If not for tending to the adorable Canine Overlord, I might never leave my seat, so it's all good. The evening temperature of 50 also feels rather nice, but I can't remember what the usual temperature is for the first half of November. Is this typical? I dunno.

While Winston was outside, I was inside enjoying webinars, one of which was more a lengthy sales presentation and product demo than a helpful discussion about content management. Actual content management happened as documents flowed to various stages of review and in a couple cases ready to be loaded and launched to the world.

At 3:00, while Winnie had yet another potty break and walkabout, I took my own break outside. The back door deck and driveway were swept of leaves and some weeds were pulled and then it was back in to the keyboard.

Canine Overlord snuggle.
After a productive day, it was on to the next stage. A quick supper of macaroni and cheese was supped upon. This year’s Christmas list was drafted and I automatically started the downstroke of a “J” to write my brother’s name when I remembered there will be no more Christmases with him and that made me tear up.

After a quick monthly board meeting, where Zoom allowed me to not have to leave the house, it was off to the couch for Netflix and laptop time. Winnnie snuggled himself under the edge of the blanket that was across my lap. Mostly. His face, legs, and butt were sticking out. Soon it will be bedtime and Winston will snuggle between the duvet and the top puffy quilt where he usually sleeps through the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment