Wednesday, November 17, 2021

“Remoted – Hybrid” – Day 611 (Wednesday)

 It was a day. It was like a lot of other days, except I was kind of extra cranky and there probably should have been blanket apologies issued to all who were present on my half of the fourth floor. 

Everything is exhausting. Even sleeping is exhausting. I go to bed tired and get up seven or eight hours later, still tired. The crankiness is built on a foundation of tiredness.

I did laugh at work today. Once. Thanks, workspace neighbor! Laughing is fun and I would like more of it. It seems rather sad (pathetic?) that a single afternoon laugh at work is noteworthy, but that's the way it is lately. It’s not like we were watching a comedy cavalcade or anything, either. I don’t even recall exactly what it was, but there was a dry and amusing comment that had to do with my being super extra cranky this morning. 

After supper, while scrolling through images on my phone, a second laugh happened. How could I not? It was a screenshot of post shared on Facebook last year. Instead of scrolling through my phone, I may need to get an enlargement of this solicitation for commissions for "Processional animal portrait" by "a professional drawer person" to cheer me up whenever needed. I'm not sure which part I find most amusing -- the language or the sample pet portrait.

After the "professional drawer person" post, the next image is a screenshot from the website of our health plan at work. There are educational modules and challenges available throughout the year and this particular module was about a healthy eating challenge. While the tips about eating more fruit may be helpful, I am pretty sure I will never be tempted by "an attractive bowel" on my counter. Never. Nope. I don't see that happening.




No comments:

Post a Comment