Monday, February 22, 2021

“Remoted” Day 343 (Monday)

The Victorian invalid show continued as the throat, ear, and head still ached. This encore performance did not happen because it was fun. For possibly the second time in nearly five years, I actually took a sick day. Work emails were checked and. A few things were reviewed. The appropriate work people were notified and the “out of office” auto responder set. A message was sent to the primary care doctor’s office through the patient portal. 

Couchbound with caretakers.
Shortly after 9:00 I was back on the couch for Day 2, wearing fleece and wrapped in a fleece blanket, with a dog curled up at my belly and the other in the bend of my knees. The bed is more comfortable, but on the couch, I’m closer to the exits for when the Canine Overlords demand a foray outside, and it’s where the TV is.

There was napping and movies and attempts at swallowing. An ice pack periodically adorned the jaw with the swelling. The doctor’s office suggested Tylenol, but I don’t have any, and didn’t feel well enough to be driving to get some. The problem with me and the medicine cabinet is, things are bought, used once, linger in the cabinet until it’s one or two years beyond the expiration date, then tossed. And then I finally need some again.

Today was slightly better than yesterday, and hopefully, tomorrow will be improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment