Sunday, February 21, 2021

“Remoted” Day 342 (Sunday)

After the dentist yesterday, my jaw hurt a little. This morning delivered swelling and half of a sore throat. Throughout the day, the sore  throat spread to an earache. This is the second time I’ve gotten a sore throat and swelling after dental work. It’s enough to make me never want to go back.

Yet another soup.
With a sore throat and earache reminiscent of my youth, today I embraced the role of the Victorian invalid. Because it's 2021, I was swathed in fleece and not a lovely gown, and because it's me, tragically, there were no servants or family members to cater to my needs as I reclined on the couch all day, so it lacked drama and glamour. This was one of those rare days when the idea of a housemate seemed almost palatable. It was a day of napping with the dogs. There was cuddling, and there was confusion a couple times when I dozed off and awoke to a different movie in progress.

Finally, around 4:00, I felt a couple steps closer to normal and began making soup. The produce that came Wednesday has already started getting weird. The turnips are slightly soft and the tomatoes that don’t even look fully ripe are getting spotty. Into a soup it all went, along with white potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, and frozen broccoli. In a twist with a pathetic ending, the potatoes and turnips were still hard in the soup, so supper ended up being ramen while the proper soup continued simmering. Tomorrow there shall be soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment