Wednesday, February 10, 2021

“Remoted” Workday 219 / Day 331 (Wednesday)

The is feeling like a snowy February. It has snowed three times since the month began. Work breaks that used to involve vacuuming have been replaced with shoveling breaks. Yesterday’s fresh accumulation, which added to that from Sunday, was cleaned from the car in preparation for Moose’s Thursday morning vet visit.

Drippy gutter icicles.
Icicles formed on strategic corners of the gutters and the downspouts are blocked with ice. The roof wiring system to deal with icy edges was plugged in, which first required shoveling a path down the length of the deck to reach the outlet mounted on the rear corner of the house. I don’t leave it plugged in all winter because it isn’t needed every day, and the one year I plugged it in and left it, the electric bill was uncomfortably steep. 

The newest snow was light, fluffy, and dry, and seemed perfect for a rug cleaning method used in Finland that I recently saw a video about. Yes, I watched an entire video on cleaning a rug with snow. Yes, I actually enjoyed it. I read somewhere that the early settlers also used this method. The rug is laid out on the snow, covered with snow, and swept with a stiff broom. Then it is flipped and the other side is done, and the rug is clean and fresh and bright. If the snow isn’t the dry stuff, it makes the rug wet.

This is the second recent snowfall that was the dry, light snow, and the second time I was working all day and didn’t have a rug ready to haul out into the snow to clean at a moment’s notice. I need to round up the rugs and have them ready to go for a snow cleaning.

One of the neighbors was cleaning her car the same time I was cleaning mine and she told me more snow is forecast for Sunday. No, thank you. There is no place to put any more. But if it’s going to happen, I hope it’s the light, dry stuff so I can start some rug cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment