Friday, October 11, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,661 – (Friday) – more food, more leisure

It was another day in paradise. The sky was blue and the sun was out. There was a sort-of plan to catch the sunrise, but when the alarm went off at 6:15, I just couldn’t get up and slept for another couple hours. I guess the 17,110 steps logged during the adventure day at Tulum had caught up with me. Today was a little easier at only 11,344 steps. I barely log 4,00 on an in-office day, and about 1,200 on a home office day.

Breakfast eggs and bagel.
Breakfast was eggs, a bagel with cream cheese and salmon, three pineapple chunks and three prunes. Why prunes? I've always liked them. Why three? No idea, it just looked nice on the plate. Mexican resort bagels are nothing like New England or New York bagels. They were small, light, and delicate. Not bad, just different. I really wanted some French toast, but the line for the made-to-order omelets was blocking access. 

The critters were active today. A dozen or so croati were on the walkway to the beach. Iguanas were lounging in the sun and walking around everywhere, including the open air beach restaurant where we ate lunch.  

Flamingos.
After an afternoon at the beach where the toughest decisions were whether or not to take the rafts in the water and if another beverage was wanted when the server appeared, we went in search of the resort's resident flamingos. It was a quick walk over where they reside and we gawked at them while they stood in the water minding their own business.

Fried banana dessert.
Dinner was at the hibachi restaurant. The food was great, but I’ve never been a fan of the interactive performance art dinner. No thank you, I don’t want to sit there with my mouth open and catch the broccoli you are going to toss at me. The dessert was fried banana with ice cream and it was a tasty treat. I'm definitely a fan of dessert, especially when I'm not asked to perform stupid human tricks for it.

I wonder how long it would take for me to grow tired or bored of this lifestyle of leisure and fun. No grocery shopping or cooking. Decision-making limited to where to lounge and for how long, and where and what to eat. It was never a question, but just in case a job is available for hopping from beach to pool to restaurants, I can make myself available. Not that it is likely to happen, except in my wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment