Sunday, October 6, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,656 – (Sunday) – food and fatigue

It was an early morning on the road by car then bus, then time in the sky, then back on the road by bus. Late this afternoon, friends and I were finally settled in a resort on the Gulf of Mexico where the weather is much warmer and more humid than at home and it feels great. My hair is full from the humidity. I’m comfortable outside and frozen in the restaurants, bars, and my room. I’ve tried to adjust the A/C to be less like a meat locker and I’m wishing I had brought winter pajamas or thermals. I suspected this might be the case, and then failed to cover that base. 

Fruit and veggie salads at the buffet.
The traveling food was a breakfast sandwich thing at Logan Airport and a bag of plantain chips on the plane. At the destination, despite multiple dining options, there have been lunch and dinner visits to the buffet restaurant because it was quick and ready. Several plates of salads, rice, vegetarian sushi, and pretty little cakes have been consumed. There was an Aperol Spritz in a massive glass served at a lobby bar.

I read almost an entire paperback on the plane. It would have been finished but a nap on the plane derailed the progress. Despite my best efforts at getting bed early Saturday night, the 9:00 bedtime resulted in extra tossing and turning and still getting only just over two hours of sleep before it was time to drive to Logan Express to catch the bus and get to the airport for 5:00 am.

Bird outside a restaurant in Mexico.
The local wildlife has been preening and posing. Birds, bats, and an iguana have patiently waited for our photos to be completed. So accommodating. 

It's been a long and tiring day. The ocean along Riviera Maya is warm. the food is plentiful. I can’t wat to enjoy it all after some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment