Tuesday, October 1, 2024

random thoughts – Day 1,651 – (Tuesday) – routines

The current Tuesday routine is set. Coffee. Work. Lunch. Work. Supper. Drive. Dance Class. Drive.

Driving isn’t my favorite activity, but it also hasn’t been horrible, because there is a radio. I still miss the music system of my trusty old Honda CRV which included a five-disk CD player. I miss my eclectic collection of belly dance music, Latin church hymns, swear word songs, and old-school country music, a combination not found on any radio station or Sirius Channel. Whatever.

In the Tuesday night drives I’ve enjoyed some music from “back in the day.” It’s fun suddenly hearing Paul Westerberg, Warren Zevon, and The Church mixed in with Billie Eilish and other contemporary artists. The music has been good enough that I have hardly even sworn during the past two Tuesday night adventures.

The new dance class is going well. We are working on several choreography routines, the pace is quick, and it’s interesting and fun, so it’s worth the driving.

Soon, the Sunday class will be back in action. The Sunday morning drive is probably the nicest ride because it’s during daylight hours along country roads. The speed limit is little erratic, which constant shifts in the maximum the whole way, from 40, down to 25, back to 40, but that makes it fun. Or something.

Kiki stretching and rolling on the rug.
Kiki’s routine for most days I’ve seen is to nap, take a walk, nap, engage in some grooming, nap, have some water, engage in some stretching and weird poses on the floor, and nap. There are occasional treats. 

This seems like a pretty good schedule to me. I’m not saying I’m envious of Kiki’s day, and maybe I'd get bored with it eventually, but it sure seems appealing. Napping in the sun for chunks of the day should be allowed for adult humans. Someone feeding me treats would be a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment