Wednesday, September 29, 2021

“Remoted - Hybrid” – Day 562 (Wednesday)

It’s Tuesday. No, Wednesday. Half the day and into the evening I wasn’t sure what day it is and kept flipping back and forth and reviewing the clues to get it straight. Team meeting equals Wednesday and there was one this afternoon, so that helped. The new schedule with some days in the office and some days remote feels confusing and schlepping notepads and files back and forth feels like a free fitness plan.  

Here is what was certain – in the morning I was cold, and the weather forecast was for chillier temperatures than recent days. The day's outfit was chosen accordingly, with ankle exposing cropped pants with low booties traded for cool weather full-length pants with taller booties and taller socks. There was a cami, a long sleeve top, and a cashmere cardigan on top of that, and for the morning trip to the office, a coat on top of that.

Around lunchtime, I was hot, so the sweater layer came off, which is 99% of the reason they are a wardrobe must have. After a few minutes I was still hot, so the hair went up into a ponytail and I asked to no one in particular and everyone in the vicinity in general, “Is it hot in here, or is it me?” There was a small amount of fear that I might be coming down with something, because I’m usually the last person in any group to feel warm. It turned out the office was warm, as in, hovering around the 80-degree level. We learned from the facilities squad there were some challenges happening with the building’s system, which was good because apparently it wasn’t me.

Tea season is here.
After supper and at home, the thermostat is displaying 68-degrees, I’m chilly, and the hot peach flavored tea is in the mug. Hot beverage season began with a light chill last night, and this all feels like the official kick-off to “how long can I go before turning the heat on?” season. At 6:30, going to bed and being under the quilt and the puff seemed mighty appealing. Or I could, you know, put the heat on.

It’s not even actually that cold. The outdoor temperature is 57 according to Google weather, with low 60s predicted for tomorrow and the next couple days. With the steady-ish temperatures for several days and me already feeling chilled, the heating system hold out game might end before it really gets to kick in. The hope was to hold out for a couple more weeks on all fronts, but it may also be the time to dig out the winter base layers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment