Saturday, September 4, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 537 (Saturday)

There was a bit of a morning rush today with one task on the morning schedule that could happen beginning at 7:00. Sleeping until 7:15 meant bolting out of bed, throwing on the first clothes I laid hands on and dashing downstairs. Winston was fed, the coffee was started, and I was out the door. The mission was to stake out a spot for the Rhiannon Giddens concert at Boarding House Park. At the park, I scored a spot towards the front in the “low chair” area of the lawn, where the chairs can be no higher than 12” above the ground.

The case of wine I forgot to cancel was due to deliver “by end of day,” a general time frame which has on some deliveries, meant 8:30 pm. It arrived at 9:30 am, which was terrific because I was home to sign for it. Now the bathroom closet is loaded with white wine and the dining room wine rack is loaded with red.

It lives again!
By noon, the recently incapacitated laptop was resurrected. For days, the unit sat with a 100% dead battery while I tried to figure out how to perform a backup and pull off personal info and passwords before sending it in for service under the additional warranty I bought with the laptop. It finally occurred to me that DUH, maybe the issue of the battery not charging wasn’t a battery problem so much as a charging cord issue. I ordered a new charging cable, which arrived this morning. It was plugged in, and in no time the battery was charged to 100%, I felt like a genius, and I nearly dislocated my shoulder trying to pat myself on the back. 

Rhiannon Giddens,
Francesco Turissi and
the guy whose name I forgot
The day could have stopped right there and it would have been deemed a success, but it continued to shine when friends arrived. We visited the new book store on Market Street, where I got  two volumes of The Lowell Review (2019 and 2021). Then we had supper at Warp and Weft which included an Impossible Burger and Ginger Beer before heading to the show. Over at Boarding House Park, the temperature was comfortable and Rhiannon Giddens, Francesco Turrisi, and the show was entertaining. 

It was a great day, bottom to top, earning a top rating of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment