Monday, August 30, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 532 (Monday)

It was a day of, what a couple of my colleagues refer to as, MOTS – “More Of The Same.” Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. 

There was work, leftovers for lunch, more work, Hulu (the streaming platform of choice right now) and writing. The big excitement is battery issues with both the new laptop and the cell phone. The cell drains power doing nothing, and the laptop won't charge half the time, leaving me with a challenge trying to back it up before I send it off for service. Technology is great until it isn't.

Winnie at rest.
Winston is so mellow during the workdays it is almost scary. He sleeps most of the day. There is no Moose to harrass. I feel bad, especially after seeing how excited he gets when guests or service people are here and he is energetic like a puppy. 

I also worry about Winnie for the days when I'll be gone for nine-plus hours. While Moose was an only dog for a year before Winston, Winnie has not been the only dog the entire time I’ve known him. 

Between dog worries, wardrobe worries, and the blood chilling fear of being in a space with other people and trying to curtail my potty mouth, I’m a nervous wreck over the idea of returning to civilization. 

In the golden olden days before the pandemic, I was known for whisper swearing at my desk, which amused a couple interns greatly, but being alone and with no audience, it has been a free-flowing potty tirade on many occasions. 

The return to the office could be very exciting. There could be accidental  fireworks from the feral marketing person. Or maybe, I can manage to channel my best behavior. We’ll know in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment