Sunday, July 25, 2021

“Remoted” – Day 496 (Sunday)

There was rain. Luckily it was light and didn’t last all day. The several days of beautiful sunny but not oppressively scorching hot weather were a welcome break in the midst of the rainiest July on record. Breakfast was a square leftover party pizza from my sister's house yesterday. She hooks me up. 

The drive to belly dance class in the morning drizzle included a stop at a farm stand to look at plants and produce. Nothing was bought, and once back home there was a small spasm of regret at not buying the pot of daisies I looked at for the front yard. Oh well, it’s okay. Now I don't have to worry about planting them.

After class, there was a quick trip to meet Mom at an antiques co-op. It was a bit crowded. There was interesting stuff to see, but not interesting enough to buy, take home, and try to find a space for. I was mildly tempted by a framed ad for “Ayer’s Hair Vigor,” thinking that it might be the Ayer company in Lowell, and that connection was the real point of interest for me. The company location wasn’t included in the part of the ad that had been cut from a magazine and I couldn’t get a signal to check the Internet to see if it was the J.C. Ayer company that was in Lowell. Later, when I had a signal and was able to check, it turned out to be the Lowell company. The ad was trimmed poorly to fit the frame and would have required rearranging stuff to hang it anyway, so it’s okay. Now I don't have to worry about finding a spot for it.

GOTHAM? GOT HAM?
Once back home, the rest of the afternoon had the usual bells and whistles of  household drudgery. There was the preparation of rice and packing doggy meals. Sweeping and vacuuming and laundry happened. I did not mix baking soda and peroxide paste to clean the grout line in the tile floor in the bathroom even though I finished gathering the supplies the other day. Instead, I continued watching Gotham on Netflix (originally aired on Fox), and every time the title is displayed on the screen in all caps, the dorky voice in my head splits the word and reads it as “GOT HAM.” This amuses me. Apparently, I am easily amused. It turns out there are five seasons on Netflix, so it will be interesting to see how long the title shot GOT HAM is amusing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment