Tuesday, December 8, 2020

“Remoted” Workday 178 / Day 267 (Tuesday)

Sometimes I am amazed at the juvenile level of my brain. With little to no human contact, my wits are dulled and my sense of humor has wandered off. In many ways, it’s like I’m 12 years old. Today, my inbox had an item that made me chuckle more than it should have. In with the nondescript sales pitches and routine work emails about various projects sat “American Bankers Ass ... Upcoming Training.” This amused me.

American Bankers Ass ... Upcoming Training!



The other night, while browsing items on a website from Finland, I saw “Fish Cock” listed on the site. Of course, I had to see what that was, because most of the stuff on the site was clothing and accessories. I was half expecting a joke item like the Creamed Possum seen once in a shop in the tiny town of Floyd, Virginia. It turns out that Fish Cock is an actual food product of salmon baked in a rye bread and packaged in a can with a shelf life of five years. The description notes it does not contain cock. Now my amusement has turned into culinary curiosity. I love salmon, and also rye bread and now I need some Fish Cock. Dear Santa, on your trip out from Lapland, could you grab me some Fish Cock?

Fish Cock!

Clearly, I don’t have enough going on lately to keep my brain from turning to mush. Working from home is going well, but beyond that, it’s work, eat, write, sleep. Sometimes I pick up after myself, sometimes not. Who cares? It's just me. My favorite time of day used to be daytime, but now it’s bedtime and my current favorite activity is sleeping. If there was a different favorite activity before, I can’t remember what it was. I sleep much better than I used to, so that is a huge step forward, even if my sense of humor has launched itself a few decades back.

No comments:

Post a Comment