Tuesday, March 31, 2020

“Remoted” – Workday Eleven (Tuesday)


Remote workday eleven has left me tired. There have been a few nights of being up too late, and often not even of my own doing. My neighbors across the street, who are definitely not getting any model citizen/good neighbor awards, are continuing their stretch of nightly open house parties. What used to be a weekend event has recently become more of a nightly event. Multiple cars and motorcycles in and out all night, and then around 1:00 a.m., the long, loud goodbyes in the street that often erupt in yelling and swearing matches.

Today involved progress on work projects, which felt good. There were the usual technology challenges before our team webcam meeting, which was frustrating. No matter how early I start logging in for the meeting there are issues and error messages and I’m the last one to join. After the meeting I called in the tech gurus so I should be all set for our next meeting.

Moose in bed, Winston as close to the sun as he can get.
A moment of quiet with the canine overlords.
During the team meeting, Winston got tangled up a bit in the sheer drapes at the sliders. He finally got settled between the drapes and the glass in a patch of sunshine. Winston follows the spots of sunshine around the floor all day to sunbathe, so it seemed like he’d be content for a while. Surprise! After barely a couple minutes, he bolted up, barking like a maniac at something outside, which startled me so I jumped in my seat. Moose chimed in, because it's all about teamwork, except when they are giving each other the cold shoulder. Then, when the call was over, they napped like little angels, probably tired from their earlier antics, and recharging their batteries for the next escapade. Life is fun when every day is bring your canine overlords to work day.


No comments:

Post a Comment