Tuesday, December 2, 2014

RamYUM Part 1

If you know me offline, you probably know that I like ramen. OK, I love ramen, but only certain ramen. It's a good thing I like it, because often it was the only food in the house.  I like the game where I delay going to the grocery store as long as possible.

Here is one of my favorite ramen "recipes" which fits into my "give me three ingredients and I will throw down some food" bragging.

Creamy Vegetable Ramen

Ingredients:
Creamy chicken ramen (break up the brick before you open the package)
Frozen mixed vegetables
Milk, half-and-half, and/or water

Put some milk and water, or all milk, or half-and-half and water in a saucepan. Use the liquid measure for "soup" on the directions on the packet (if you like. I usually wing it). If you don't have milk or half-and-half, just go with water like the instructions say. But seriously, it's good with milk.

Add the flavor packet and stir it in.

Toss in a handful of frozen mixed vegetables.

Add the ramen.

Heat until simmering and the ramen is a texture you like. Be careful you don't scald the milk, because that's gross.

Eat and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment