Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

My family are not Black Friday shoppers, and for this, I am thankful. If they had harbored any fantasies about my getting up at 3 am to go shopping they would have been in for a very hard sales pitch, crushed by my emphatic "No!" along with some foot stomping and, if necessary, tears. My sister's lifelong hatred for shopping, an activity in which I used to engage with fervor, about a million years ago, is now lovingly shared by me. She still has it, so we were all safe.

Instead of staying up all night camping out in a line for the privilige of spending money, my neices and I went to bed at 10:30, all in one room like a big pajama party. And in a glorious stretch of the best sleep I've had in months, I slept until 9:30, well into (or past) the hours of any early bird specials. At 10 we had a hearty breakfast of sausage gravy and biscuits, followed by a card game, and by noon, still in pajamas, were turning our thoughts to what to do for the rest of the day. Options included shopping at antique stores and roller skating. And the winner is ...
 
Coming up after the break ... the winner of "What shall we do today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment